At GEMS Camp, we believe that girls can be beautiful, feminine, logical, and analytical. yes, they can have it all! If these mislabeled "tomboys," "math geeks," and "science nerds" were exposed to successful, dynamic STEM women, imagine how inspired they would be to change the world by becoming future astronauts, scientists, programmers, technicians, and engineers.
- Interact with local STEM career women during Power Lunch networking sessions.
- Complete a STEM career research project to showcase during the Graduation.
- Community Exhibit at the end of the camp experience.
- Practice career skills such as interviewing, etiquette, communicating, presenting, and dressing for work and other professional settings.
- Create a portfolio including a student resume, collection of awards received, documented service hours, academic work samples, and recommendation letters.
- Participate in periodic social media chat/sessions led by STEM career leaders.