At The GEMS Camp, we believe that more girls would choose to pursue STEM studies if they were more prepared in math and science, felt more confident in these areas, and found those subjects engaging and fulfilling.
- Preview next year's content in summer.
- Are exposed to selected math and science topics that are based on the lowest performing standards regionally and nationally.
- Build confidence in their math and science ability through independent practice at home by completing The GEMS 5K Student Academic Plan via an online Google course.
- Learn study skills and memorization techniques that can be used in middle school, high school, college and beyond.
- Are allowed built-in brain breaks (movement time) in between lessons. Such activities foster increased retention and deeper understanding of rigorous material.
- Call their mentors during the week for any homework assistance.